Our litigation department consists of highly experienced attorneys who find themselves at home in different types of courtrooms in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States – and occasionally other parts of the country. In this way, LM&P does not limit its contentious law practices to a single venue or single area of the law. LM&P is different. The firm’s strength lies is its versatility—its attorneys each bring their own unique specializations and varied professional backgrounds and employ a team approach to deliver value for money. The firm’s clients rightly demand this kind of individual attention, which is why LM&P’s attorneys are accustomed to responding swiftly and effectively to legal emergencies wherever they occur.
Our litigators in the commercial, insurance and admiralty sections typically can be found arguing at counsel table in the federal district courts and federal appeals courts, most often in New York City. Our litigators in the probate, family and civil sections are well-respected advocates who practice primarily in the superior courts and probate courts of Fairfield County, Connecticut. As client relationships are what matter to us, we handle a vast array of cases with amounts in controversy ranging from tens of millions of dollars to small claims.
- Our attorneys are experienced with the state and federal court systems.
- Our experience in civil litigation is broad, spanning from complex commercial contract disputes to property damage, admiralty, insurance, personal injury and bankruptcy.
- Our attorneys offer unique insights into the issues and challenges of probate litigation. As experienced probate attorneys, we have wide-ranging experience in all matters within the jurisdiction of our probate courts, including will challenges, contested conservatorship proceedings, removal of fiduciary proceedings and disputed fiduciary accountings.
- As mediators and litigators, we have in-depth experience in handling family matters and court room experience in both probate and superior courts.
- LM&P attorneys are routinely engaged as lead counsel in jurisdictions around the United States where they have been admitted by judges as visiting attorneys based on their specializations. Similarly, our attorneys also serve as local counsel for out-of-state lawyers seeking assistance in Connecticut and New York.